CreditSmart® Homebuyer U
Need a certificate to qualify for a HomeOne® or Home Possible® mortgage? Want to take a deep dive into homeownership? It all starts here. Learn about bringing your credit up and keeping it there.
This path aligns with the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling for pre-purchase content.
Homeownership on your terms
Buying a home is your most important investment. Learn how to do it on your time with Homebuyer U.
- Tailored experience with tools and trackers
- Pause when you need to and pick up where you left off—on multiple devices
- Printable certificate available in English
- Certificate delivery to your lender, housing professional and co-borrower
- Lessons available in English and Spanish
Be prepared. Be confident.
Feeling great in your home starts with being confident about your finances. Our lessons will empower you to make educated decisions throughout the homebuying process.
- Overview & Introduction to the Homebuying Process
- Managing Your Money
- Your Credit and Why It Is Important
- Getting a Mortgage
- Finding a Home and Closing on a Loan
- Preserving Homeownership
What users are saying
Take your education further
Others like you also viewed the learning paths and resources below.
From renting, managing student debt, to buying a car, CreditSmart Essentials puts you on a path to financial empowerment.
My Home by Freddie Mac
Need additional tools, articles and information about homeownership? Head over to My Home by Freddie Mac.